Protection of diversity of plant and animal species is essential if ecosystems are to thrive and maintain the resilience necessary for adaptation and survival.
Ways that you can support biodiversity:
In Your Daily Life
· Plant only native gardens
· Replace lawns with plants that attract mason BEES!!! And butterflies!
· Help remove invasive species
In the Community
· Agriculture technologies that incorporate wildlife habitat, drainage systems in watersheds
· Preserve natural habitats
· Stop your pet from chasing or killing other species
Provincial Government Policy
· Urge No bottled water, educate B.C. water is among the best in the world
· Grow and harvest sustainably more from the sea