Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Meals "In The Bag"


Since my 2006 Think Outside the Bag campaign to eliminate plastic bags from the Capital Region, my collection of reusable grocery bags has reached critical mass.

Please help me get rid of these bags.

I will be donating all of my reusable grocery bags to the Mustard Seed food bank....once they are full of food donations.

Food banks often find that donations dwindle in the summer months, which can create real hardship. For example, families whose children don't have the benefit of a school lunch program are now wondering how to feed the family.

This is a change that we can have "in the bag".

Bring your donation of non-perishable food items to my Saanich South Constituency Office at 4085 Quadra and we will fill these bags for those in need.

Thanks everyone!
Lana