Monday, November 19, 2012

Art Show & Open House: Fri. Nov 23


Dear Saanich South,

2012 was an amazing year of Saanich South art on display at my constituency office. Each time a new talent is showcased, I host an evening open house so that all of my constituents can appreciate their creations.

And now, to close out this year, my office is proud to present the works of award-winning print maker, Jenn Whitford-Robins.

Jenn’s works have been shown in galleries and fine art shows since 1992 - and her prints can be found in collections around the world.

The art on exhibition in my office includes many pieces from Jenn’s Arctic Series. They demonstrate Jenn’s mastery of many techniques including monotype, photo etching, embossing, collograph and watercolours. There are also several pieces using a technique developed by Jenn, that she calls ‘metal monotype’.

There are also pieces from her West Wind, West Coast and Fragility collections.

These pieces ranges from muted shades of white and grey depicting frozen expanses to textures and shapes that shift with the light to rich shimmering patterns that ‘whisper’ when you pass them.

To offer my constituents the opportunity to browse these amazing works of art and to thank Jenn for sharing her art with Saanich South, I am hosting an Art Show and Year-End Open House at my office.

Friday, November 23, 2012
5:00pm – 8:00pm
4085 Quadra Street (corner of Nicholson, north of McKenzie)

I hope you will join us for light refreshments and good company.
Also, starting on November 23 and running until my office breaks for the holidays, I will be hosting a food drive for the Mustard Seed Food Bank. Feel free to drop-off non-perishable food items Monday – Thursday, 9:30am – 5:00pm.
For more information on Jenn Whitford-Robins, please see her website at http://www.jennrobins.com/ or, better yet, come to the show and meet the artist in person!
See you then.
Lana