Ways you can encourage Social Equity
In Your Daily Life
· Monitor what your kids watch on TV, encourage shows like “Jamie Olivers Food Revolution”
· Organize community meet ups to address issues in the community
· Advocate for the need for publicly owned and managed water etc. Water as a human right.
In the Community
· Support and volunteer for local politicians who campaign on social housing
· Get rid of standardized testing in schools
· Start a garden at a homeless shelter
Provincial Government Policy
· Policies promoting community farming and supporting food banks
· Address and promote healing for the legacy and harm caused by colonialism. First Nations have much to teach in regards to living in harmony and responsibly, these ethics cannot be lost.
· Raise minimum wage to $15-$17 and hour which families and live on and have the opportunity to make better socially conscious choices