Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Family Day Rally to save the ALR - Feb 10

Dear Saanich,

The BC Government's decision to include the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) in its core review of government services represents a profound threat to our precious farmland.

The ALR was created in 1973 and includes 4.7 million hectares of farmland.

As former Agriculture Critic and farmer,  I personally challenge Premier Clark to explain to the people of BC why dismantling and weakening the ALC is in the best interest of the people in this province. 

I am so proud of BC farmers and farmland defenders. They are coming together at a large rally at the BC Legislature this Monday, February 10 at 12pm. 

I can't think of a better way to spend "Family Day" - protecting farmland for our children!

I'll be there and I hope you will too!

Lana