Monday, June 13, 2011

POSTPONED - Art Exhibition at my Community Office this Wednesday Evening



Join me for an art exhibition at my office Wednesday evening!



If you’ve made a trip into my office lately, you will have noticed that the walls are adorned with lovely works of art created by a talented local artist, Dennis Jaques.




Denis took up art and painting after retirement, and it’s been a privilege to host some of his work in my constituency office. He has a unique style that combines the tradition of the Folk Art schools with his own inspiration taken from sports, landscapes and environmental awareness. His work has been featured at many art shows, and he is a regular at the Moss Street and Gorge Paint-ins.



As part of my last open house session this Spring, I will be hosting an art exhibition featuring some of Dennis’ works. It’s happening this Wednesday from 7-8:30pm at my constituency office at 4085 Quadra Street. I hope Dennis and I will see you then!



Lana



Due to a severe case of Canucks Fever - the Wednesday Art Show has been postponed. Please watch this site for a new date!