Saturday, July 21, 2018

New Campsites for Parks Day!


Today is Canada’s Parks Day, and visitors to BC Parks and forestry recreation sites have an additional reason to celebrate: we’ve added 431 new campsites throughout the province!

Folks within Saanich South and from all around the province are certainly passionate about spending time in our world-class provincial parks. Our parks system – the third largest in North America, behind only the United States’ National Park Service and Parks Canada – receives an astounding 21 million visits a year!

The new campsites have been added in areas with the highest demand, which includes Vancouver Island. Along with the new campsites, existing facilities and infrastructure have also been upgraded in many campgrounds.

Still trying to plan a last-minute summer getaway? Of the 10,700 campsites BC Parks manages 55% are reservable, while the other 45% remain on a first-come, first-served basis! You can visit the BC Parks link below to find out more!

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/