Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 24 - Art Show Open House


Dear Saanich South,

Those of you who have already visited my Community Office at 4085 Quadra Street, know that the space lends itself very well to displaying art. Fortunately for all of us, Saanich is a community with many, very talented, artists!

I invite each of you to come to a showing of the art currently gracing the walls of my office - by local artist, Dennis Jaques. Dennis is a self-taught artist who is spending much of his retirement as an active member of the arts community.

On Monday, October 24 from 5:00pm - 7:00pm, we will partake in some light refreshments, good company and an opportunity to meet the artist himself.

In November we will be changing the art to showcase another local painter, Elizabeth Caulton, who has also been invited to this showing. We look forward to offering another opportunity to showcase her art in December.

I consider it an honour to provide my community with what I consider to be an important service - recognition of the arts.

Hope to see you Monday.

Lana