In order to achieve sustainable objectives, the use of best available practices and technologies needs to occur within a culture of continuous leaning, adequate monitoring and a commitment to modify strategic directions.
Ways that you can support Adaptive Management:
In your Daily Life
· Choose smaller/sustainable homes to live in. Make better use of space. Don’t live in homes with dead space.
· Budget to pay more for better quality sustainable food (i.e. cut off cable if need be)
· Share your garden with your neighbor
In the Community
· Plant drought resistant vegitation in parks and properties. Use less lawn/grass.
· Plant more food/fruit bearing plants on public lands
· Local foods in school lunch programs and gardens on campus
Provincial Government Policy
· Change the law that prohibits restaurants from donating their good excess foods
· Increase hydrometric and climatologically data monitoring and analysis
· Encourage voting among youth (in their schools)